- Département du Bamboutos (MBouda)
- Département Haut Nkam (Bafang)
- Département des Hauts plateaux (Baham)
- département du Koung-Khi (Bandjoun)
- Département de la Ménoua (Dschang)
- Département de la Mifi (Bafoussam)
- Département du Ndé
- Département du Noun (Foumban)
Wonderfully endowed by nature, the western region has often been compared to the Auvergne, France. It is a hilly region through beautiful rivers interspersed chutes.L’Ouest presents a series of rounded mountains, ancient volcanoes inheritances.
The climate here is mild, and some localities such as Dschang, resort, accuse annual average temperature of 20 ° C.
Country of traditions and culture, the western region is characterized by its rich crafts to many varieties of expression: pipes, clay utensils, figurines and copper masks, stools decorated with pearls and by the dancers Bamiléké picturesque costumes.
Foumban is the seat of the Cameroonian crafts.